SCE 2007 - Free Disk space monitoring Windows 2008 server RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have problem with logical disk space monitoring in SCE 2007 for Windows 2008 server. I installed agent to Windows 2008, everything work well (like service monitoring) but if I set Logical Disk Free Space monitor nothing to happen. I tried import new management pack for Windows 2008 R2 and Windows 2012 where is new Aggregate Rollup monitor but still same. If I look to Computers dashboard, I see that on server is not enough space (under 2% of free space) but in Health Explorer is everything OK (green).

Do you have some advice for me? Because I don't know where can be problem.

Thank you, Petr

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 11:29 AM

All replies

• Hello Petr,

Did you Upgrade the System Center Essentials 2007 SP1 Server to WSUS 3.0 SP2? Did you use the latest version of  Windows Server Operating System Management Pack(Version: 6.0.6989.0)?

Support for Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7 in System Center Essentials 2007 SP1
    http://blogs.technet.com/b/systemcenteressentials/archive/2009/11/06/support-for-windows-server-2008-r2-and-windows-7-in-system-center-essentials-2007-sp1.aspx

Please read the document for the details about Logical Disk Free Space monitor:

Monitoring Logical Disk Free Space using the Logical Disk Free Space monitor

The default health state thresholds for the Logical Disk Free Space monitor are different for system and nonsystem logical disk volumes. Error and Warning health states are based on both percentage of free space and on an absolute value, designated in megabytes (MB), of free space, as shown in the following sections.

System Partition

Health state

Percentage free space

MB free space

Error

5%

300 MB

Warning

10%

500 MB

Important

For health state to change to Error or Warning, the values for both percentage free space and MB free space must drop below the corresponding threshold.

Nonsystem Partition

Health state

Percent free space

MB free space

Error

5%

1,000 MB

Warning

10%

2,000 MB

Important

For health state to change to Error or Warning, the values for both percentage free space and MB free space must drop below the corresponding threshold.

By designing this monitor to evaluate both percentage free and MB free, the monitor works equally well for disks regardless of their storage capacity. This monitor does not alert on warning state, only on error state.

Thanks,

Yog Li

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 9:07 AM
  • Hello Yog,

thank you for reply and apologize for delay but I had too much work with another project.

Yes, I have WSUS 3.2.7600.226 and System Center Monitoring Pack-Windows Server Operating System 6.0.6989.0. Problem is that I have system disk with 200 MB free space (1% free space) and System Center says that Availability of this disk is Healthy.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 10:59 AM