none
infinite repair loop windows 8.1

Question

• so my computer is in an infinite repair loop.... ive tried booting in safemode, doesnt work still stuck in the loop. ive tried bcdedit and i dont have a OS disk sooo any ideas cannot afford to send my computer in for repairs
    Tuesday, October 20, 2015 6:42 PM

Answers

• How to  refresh, reset, or restore your PC

S.Sengupta, Windows Experience MVP

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 10:47 PM
  • Hi Kylerepair,

Have you got any error messages? Have you made any modifications to the machine before?

Please restart the machine and keep pressing "Shift" to get into Windows Recovery mode to have a fix.
    Troubleshoot\Advanced\Startup repair or System restore

If it is not available to boot into the Windows recovery mode with the "Shift" key, we could try to boot from a Windows 8.1 installation media and choose "Repair your computer " option.

If the issue persists, I am afraid we may consider to refresh the machine. Please note that refreshing the machine will not affect the personal files or change the settings. It is the last method before we performed a clean installation.
    We could get an Windows 8.1 installation media here.
    Create installation media for Windows 8.1
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 7:11 AM

All replies

• How to  refresh, reset, or restore your PC

S.Sengupta, Windows Experience MVP

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 10:47 PM
  • Hi Kylerepair,

Have you got any error messages? Have you made any modifications to the machine before?

Please restart the machine and keep pressing "Shift" to get into Windows Recovery mode to have a fix.
    Troubleshoot\Advanced\Startup repair or System restore

If it is not available to boot into the Windows recovery mode with the "Shift" key, we could try to boot from a Windows 8.1 installation media and choose "Repair your computer " option.

If the issue persists, I am afraid we may consider to refresh the machine. Please note that refreshing the machine will not affect the personal files or change the settings. It is the last method before we performed a clean installation.
    We could get an Windows 8.1 installation media here.
    Create installation media for Windows 8.1
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 7:11 AM