How to double hop with winrs? Issues with “Access is denied” when connecting to second server RRS feed

• Question

• I have three computers A, B and C. Each runs windows 7 and has an exe converted from Python. Same work group. A cannot directly reach C.

A can winrs some command on B, and so can B on C. However A cannot run a winrs on B that goes to C.

I do not have PS3.0 and I only want to use admin cmd. Can I still achieve double hop?

Right now my command is:

winrs -r:[IP of B] -u:[username] -p:[password] "winrs -r:[IP of C] [cmd]"

Any insight or alternative method is appreciated.

Monday, June 15, 2020 3:23 PM

All replies

• In regard to your issue of ‘double hop with winrs’

1. Since Windows 7 support has ended on January 14, 2020, please update your OS system to the latest version.
    (Source of reference) 

Windows 7 support ended on January 14, 2020

2. All the methods I can reach have to run Powershell command to Enable-WSManCredSSP configuration to achieve double hop. It seems that double hop cannot be achieved through cmd command.
    (Source of reference)
    Multi-Hop Support in WinRM
    Enable-WSManCredSSP

Hope my answer will help you, thanks!

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Gloria Gu Tuesday, June 16, 2020 6:36 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Gloria Gu Wednesday, June 24, 2020 9:17 AM
    Tuesday, June 16, 2020 6:35 AM

• Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 9:20 AM
  • Hi,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Friday, June 19, 2020 6:45 AM