Customizing Web Standard RRS feed

• Question

•  

Has anyone run across a situation where they needed to hide one of the option tabs in the web client.  I would like to see if there is a simple way to hide the data layout tab from a user.  You may ask why would I want to do this?  Because we are not ready to answer user questions on how to use the functionality.

Thanks

Thursday, November 15, 2007 6:52 PM

Answers

• Bob is exactly right.  We have URL parameters available for this exact sort of functionality.

However, if you have some savvy web users they can removed the URL parameter in the address and refresh the page.  The tab will then be visible and useable by the user.  If you are looking to make this hiding of the tab permanent, you will need to add some code that will always force the parameter to be included, whether its in the URL or not.

The code for this I believe is in the proclarity.asp page under the src directory.  You'll want to look around line 175 I believe.  You should be able to search for the specific URL parameter you want set and then go from there.  If you have any coding experience at all, doing this should be fairly straight forward.

hth

TJ Nelson

Thursday, November 15, 2007 11:10 PM

All replies

• I would recommend that you check out the section of the Analytics Server Admin Guide on using URL parameters.  There is one in there that you can use to hide the data layout tab.

Thursday, November 15, 2007 7:40 PM
  • Bob is exactly right.  We have URL parameters available for this exact sort of functionality.

However, if you have some savvy web users they can removed the URL parameter in the address and refresh the page.  The tab will then be visible and useable by the user.  If you are looking to make this hiding of the tab permanent, you will need to add some code that will always force the parameter to be included, whether its in the URL or not.

The code for this I believe is in the proclarity.asp page under the src directory.  You'll want to look around line 175 I believe.  You should be able to search for the specific URL parameter you want set and then go from there.  If you have any coding experience at all, doing this should be fairly straight forward.

hth

TJ Nelson

Thursday, November 15, 2007 11:10 PM
  •  

Thank you!!!  This looks exactly like what I was looking for.
    Friday, November 16, 2007 2:20 AM