Migration failed on every file RRS feed

• Question

• We tried to use the migration tool to migrate files from our file server to our SharePoint online site.

Every single file and folder failed with the following info:

Result Category: SUBMITTING FAILURE

Message: Failed to Submit the Job to Server: Unknown failed reason when submitting a job.

Error Code: 0x01610002

I looked at the "Troubleshooting common SPMT errors" on the docs.microsoft.com and it does not list that error.

I searched these forums and nothing on that error.

Anyone have any idea what is going on?

Thanks for any thoughts, knowledge or ideas.

Cheers,
    Curt Winter
    Certified Microsoft Professional
    Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. If you found my post helpful, please mark it as the answer.

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 5:15 PM

All replies

• I have this too. Have tried from server share with 64000 files and with local hard drive folder with 2 PDFs. 

Every single file has error: 

SUBMITTING FAILURE Failed to Submit the Job to Server:Unknown failed reason when submitting a job. 0x01610002

Friday, September 6, 2019 3:13 AM
  • I had failures to begin with as well.  The account I was using did not have the proper permissions to move the files to the user's OneDriveforBusiness folders.  Check permissions for the account you are using on the sharepoint site.

If you are moving to ODfB I recommend using this tool to set proper permissions on all the sites.  No easy way to do it via the GUI.

https://aka.ms/OneDriveAdmin 

Monday, September 16, 2019 2:41 PM