none
Project server 2010- Creating a dashboard in PerformancePoint- I can't select an Analysis services template RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to create a Dashboard using Performance Point reports.

The steps I've followed so far are-

1) Browse to Business Intelligence->Data connections

2) Under Documents-> create new Document->Performance Point data source

I then wait for the Dashboard Designer but after this I do not get any options to select the Analysis services template. =( Instead it gives some options for Workflow.

What am I doing wrong here? Does my Administrator need to set up anything else?

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, June 7, 2012 9:47 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I retraced your steps but when my dashboard designer opens i get the option to set up a datasource with differant options which includes Analysis Services. Did you ask you administrator if he gets the same problem? If not let him try to setup the datasource and try to use the datasource to make your reports.

With kind regards,

Robin Kruithof

Technical Consultant EPM

• Marked as answer by EPM Quest Monday, September 24, 2012 6:32 AM
    Friday, June 8, 2012 7:23 AM

All replies

• What happens if you try to create a report?  As I recall, the wizard may prompt you to create a data connection at that point.

Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Blog: http://azlav.umtblog.com Twitter: @alavinsky

Thursday, June 7, 2012 2:04 PM
  • Thanks for your answer. Options to create any report, etc are disabled.
    Friday, June 8, 2012 7:08 AM
  • Hi,

I retraced your steps but when my dashboard designer opens i get the option to set up a datasource with differant options which includes Analysis Services. Did you ask you administrator if he gets the same problem? If not let him try to setup the datasource and try to use the datasource to make your reports.

With kind regards,

Robin Kruithof

Technical Consultant EPM

• Marked as answer by EPM Quest Monday, September 24, 2012 6:32 AM
    Friday, June 8, 2012 7:23 AM
  • Thanks Robin. I will contact my system administrator.
    Friday, June 8, 2012 9:01 AM