Prevent WSUS from including non-English updates RRS feed

• Question

• I have my WSUS server setup to not download updates. However, when it checks for and approves updates, it includes feature updates for all languages, not just US-EN. I am having to manually decline the updates for other languages. How can I exclude these or automatically decline them?
    Monday, October 28, 2019 5:21 PM

All replies

• Hi King,

Unfortunately, the requirements you mentioned are currently not directly implemented in the WSUS administrator console. Unfortunately, the requirements you mentioned are currently not directly implemented in the WSUS administrator console, so manual decor is the only way.

If you need to synchronize only the update metadata for the specified language, consider configuring the WSUS to get the download file and specifying the language.

In addition, you can consider using Powershell scripts to perform update declines with specific words. Please refer to this article: "Bulk Declining Updates in WSUS".

* Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope the above can help you.

Regards,
    Yic

Please remember to mark as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 2:32 AM
  • https://docs.microsoft.com/de-de/security-updates/windowsupdateservices/18127493

specify language options

1. On the WSUS console toolbar, click Options, and then click Synchronization Options.

2. Under Update Files and Languages, click Advanced, then read the warning and click OK.

3. In the Advanced Synchronization Options dialog box, under Languages, select one of the following language options, and then click OK.

• Download only those updates that match the locale of this server (Locale) where Locale is the name of the server locale. This means that only updates targeted to the locale of the server will be downloaded during synchronization.
      • Download updates in all languages, including new languages This means that all languages will be downloaded during synchronization. If a new language is added, it will be automatically downloaded.
      • Download updates only in the selected languages This means that only updates targeted to the languages you select will be downloaded during synchronization. If you choose this option, you must also choose each language you want from the list of those available.

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 2:43 AM
  • Hi,

Any update is welcome here.
    If the issue is resolved, share your solution or find the helpful response "Mark as Answer" to help other community members find the answer.

Thank you for your cooperation, as always.

Regards,
    Yic

Please remember to mark as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 1, 2019 1:08 AM