none
cpuuserat82 RRS feed

• Question

• Why is Microsoft still looking for the solution to IE8 and IE9 leaving a message to shut down or wait for it to start working.  This has been going on for too many years and I mean YEARS  I have repaced 3 computers to try to get rid of this problem.  It took 20 minutes to open up this morning after my technician fixed Microsoft Essentials for me.  I had downloaded it but the VIRUS part had not been installed.  We had to shutdown and restart  That is when we waited the 20 minutes for it to start up again.  He can't find the problem in IE in one hour and he can only come one hour a week.  I will never get anything done that way.  I just started a business and need my CPU for help.  I am on http://www.Etsy.com./shop./7884ann,  a vendor for my greeting cards.  Watercolor Art Cards.    I took lessons from a grant for Seniors Making Art and learned watercolor painting.  

By the way we need a new grant to continue that program   Seniors will not be getting classes from now on.  We NEED it to keep our minds, and souls going.  What better way can Microsoft help the community and keep seniors off welfare and medical help when possible.  When the mind goes so goes all else.  Seattle has a wealth of talented people who can use their computers to serve the public, train the young, and be creative.  Isn't this why Microsoft became so great a company. 

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 8:42 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I would like to verify if the IE issue only occurs on one site.  Since I am not clear of the message which will take long time to shut down or start IE working, could you help me collect the screenshot?

How to capture a screenshot

------------------------------------------

1. When the error message occurs, press the Print Screen key (PrtScn) on your keyboard.

2. Click the "Start" menu, type "mspaint" in the Search Bar and Press Enter.

3. In the Paint program, click the "Edit" menu, click "Paste", click the "File" menu, and click "Save".

4. Save the picture onto your desktop and Upload to SkyDrive.

Also check if there is any related log in Event Viewer.

Regarding the IE issue, I suggest running IE with no add-ons. Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Internet Explorer (with no add-ons). Also check if the issue persists in Safe Mode with networking.

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 9:37 AM
  • Had to renew warranty license with Hewlwtt Packard to reinstall IE8 which is the only one that works on this machine.

Took 3 days for their technicians to fix that  IE8 was completely erased and IE9 was installed   It said "this version of set-up doesn't support your windows"   Why not?  Cost me $99.00 and I am not sure it will continue to work.

Ruthann Hanson
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 3:30 PM
  • Hi,

I would like to know what OS you are using. 32-bit or 64-bit? If you are using 64-bit Windows 7, please install IE9 64-bit.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/downloads/ie-9/worldwide-languages

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 3:01 AM