DHCP-Management-Pack for Windows Server 2012R2 RRS feed

• Question

• hey folks

after upgrading the DHCP-Mangement-Pack for Windows Server 2012R2 to verison 6.0.7307.0, we have the issue, that the scope-view is completely empty.

in our lab-envirnoment, the same-mp version is working like a charm... i already cleared the scom-health-cache on our dhcp servers and checked the scom-event-logs. but no errors? we also tried to clear the scom-console cache (-clearcache - parameter), but didnt fix it.

any hints? next step would be to completely remove and reinstall the mp.

Thursday, January 11, 2018 5:41 PM

Answers

• Hello,

There are views for DHCP 2012 R2 and DHCP 2012, please make sure you are under the correct folder. In addition, Which view do you mean by scope view, as far as I can see, there are performance views under Scopes folder, and also state views for Scope health. 

And as there is no error message for troubleshooting, and reinstall the management pack should be an option for you. As it is a quick way to try to solve the issue.

Regards, 

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Sandro D'Incà Thursday, January 18, 2018 2:18 PM
    Monday, January 15, 2018 7:02 AM
  • Hi Yan

The Views "Scope Health" in the Main- and Subfolders were empty.

I have reinstalled the Management Pack and Voilà - the Scopes are discovered again! :-)

Maybe a Discovery-Error during the Update or an unwanted (maybe through ops-admin) overide of the discovery-rule? we really don't know....

But now everything is working fine!

• Marked as answer by Sandro D'Incà Thursday, January 18, 2018 2:19 PM
    Thursday, January 18, 2018 2:18 PM

All replies

• Hello,

There are views for DHCP 2012 R2 and DHCP 2012, please make sure you are under the correct folder. In addition, Which view do you mean by scope view, as far as I can see, there are performance views under Scopes folder, and also state views for Scope health. 

And as there is no error message for troubleshooting, and reinstall the management pack should be an option for you. As it is a quick way to try to solve the issue.

Regards, 

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Sandro D'Incà Thursday, January 18, 2018 2:18 PM
    Monday, January 15, 2018 7:02 AM
  • Hi Yan

The Views "Scope Health" in the Main- and Subfolders were empty.

I have reinstalled the Management Pack and Voilà - the Scopes are discovered again! :-)

Maybe a Discovery-Error during the Update or an unwanted (maybe through ops-admin) overide of the discovery-rule? we really don't know....

But now everything is working fine!

• Marked as answer by Sandro D'Incà Thursday, January 18, 2018 2:19 PM
    Thursday, January 18, 2018 2:18 PM