Select distinct and count RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any way to do a select distinct in proclarity, or to count rows without using MDX or the Query Wizard?   I don't have any rowcounting measures defined in this cube, but I want to do some data quality testing against a SQL Server database.   I don't have an MDX license, so can't use the MDX Editor. 

Thanks,

Bob Dickey

Wednesday, September 16, 2009 10:23 PM

All replies

• Hello, This can be accomplished with a customization. For 6.3, all customizations must be COM compatible. You'll want to grab the Microsoft ProClarity SDK for 6.3 - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=90319a1c-73ce-4014-a8fb-684f5e034f7b&DisplayLang=en. The Result, ResultGrid and CoordinateCount properties will be useful. Thanks, -Joey
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 3:52 PM
  • Thanks for the response.  It turns out that I do have access to MDX Editor.  Is there any way to do row counts and distinct counts in MDX, or is the ProClarity SDK the best way to do this. 

Thanks,
    Bob Dickey
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 6:24 PM
  • You can count members that meet some criteria by using the COUNT() MDX function.  The basic syntax is just COUNT(<set expression>).  If you are not too comfortable writing MDX then it may not be as straightforward as it appears.  I would be more than happy to show you the syntax for your particular scenario if you can give me more info on what you want to do.

-Jason
    Monday, November 23, 2009 2:42 AM