none
Exchage 2010 SP1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

In our domain we've a single Exchange node (MBX,CAS,HUB) with no DAG/cluster. We'd like to install one more server soon and the project is going on.

Prior to that I'd like to deploy E2k10 service pack 1 on existing node, which is not yet tried ever since it's installed also other patches. What are the required/mandatory precautions to take on primary node like backups, images etc etc since it's the only server to take care of all emails!!

Your tips are highly appreciated.

Sunday, October 2, 2011 10:40 AM

Answers

• An Exchange aware backup is all you would need, although I have never had an Exchange 2010 Sp1 upgrade fail on me yet. The release notes for the service pack will go through the other requirements, which are mainly around the use of Forefront. If you aren't using forefront, the GUI setup tool does everything for you.

Simon.

Simon Butler, Exchange MVP
    Blog | Exchange Resources | In the UK? Hire Me.
    Sunday, October 2, 2011 11:40 AM
  • Hello

Agree with Simon, You should have Exchange database backup before you upgrade but make sure after you upgrade service pack  check all the Exchange server services.

Before upgrade stop AV services or any third party application services like backupexec.

If you any Antispam software or antivirus make sure you have the latest patches installed that supports exchange 2010 sp1

Thanks

Mouzzam Hussain

Thanks Mhussain
    Sunday, October 2, 2011 4:17 PM

All replies

• An Exchange aware backup is all you would need, although I have never had an Exchange 2010 Sp1 upgrade fail on me yet. The release notes for the service pack will go through the other requirements, which are mainly around the use of Forefront. If you aren't using forefront, the GUI setup tool does everything for you.

Simon.

Simon Butler, Exchange MVP
    Blog | Exchange Resources | In the UK? Hire Me.
    Sunday, October 2, 2011 11:40 AM
  • Hello

Agree with Simon, You should have Exchange database backup before you upgrade but make sure after you upgrade service pack  check all the Exchange server services.

Before upgrade stop AV services or any third party application services like backupexec.

If you any Antispam software or antivirus make sure you have the latest patches installed that supports exchange 2010 sp1

Thanks

Mouzzam Hussain

Thanks Mhussain
    Sunday, October 2, 2011 4:17 PM