none
Grouping Tasks for Scheduling Purposes RRS feed

• Question

• I'm writing a project plan right now and am having some schedule challenges.  I have a group of tasks that need to be performed on the same day, however I don't want to manually schedule these tasks.  Is there a way that I can group tasks and specify that I needed these performed on the same day?
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 6:27 PM

Answers

• Give each task the same predcessor and same successor.  Now they will all start togther.  The next task will not start until the last of the group has completed.
    If you feel this post answered the question, please vote for it. I am also available here:
    msprojectblog.com
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 7:35 PM

All replies

• Give each task the same predcessor and same successor.  Now they will all start togther.  The next task will not start until the last of the group has completed.
    If you feel this post answered the question, please vote for it. I am also available here:
    msprojectblog.com
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 7:35 PM
  • I agree with Jim's answer.  Also, if you mean that this group of tasks is to be performed periodically (such as end-of-month reporting, or equipment periodic maintenance), then you might want to set them up as Recurring Tasks. 

In Project 2010, click on the Task tab, then the Task drop-down, then Recurring Task.  In the window that appears, specify how often you want the task to occur, when to start, and when to end (such as monthly, on the last Tuesday of the month, starting today and ending a year from now, using the company calendar).

I.

Friday, October 7, 2011 7:03 PM