TMG 2012 array setup RRS feed

• Question

• currently I have a standalone TMG 2010 acting as a web proxy for my office.

we intend to migrate to a new setup when we will have TMG array.

the TMG array will have 2 new servers and one TMG management server.

do I need to assigned 3 different IP address and hostname for the new setup ??

Thursday, December 6, 2012 8:43 AM

Answers

• Hi,

every TMG node must have a minimum of one Dedicated IP address (DIP) if you use the TMG Server with only one NIC. For two NIC every TMG Server must have two unique IP addresses and if you want to use Forefront TMG you will need in addition to the DIP one or more Virtual IP addresses (VIP) which will be used to distribute traffic between the TMG Array members.
    the Management Server (EMS) must also have a unique DIP, and every host needs a unique hostname

regards Marc Grote aka Jens Baier - www.it-training-grote.de - www.forefront-tmg.de - www.nt-faq.de

Thursday, December 6, 2012 9:08 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for the post.

“do I need to assigned 3 different IP address and hostname for the new setup ?”- Yes, if you enable NLB integration for the array, each network adapter on each array member has a dedicated IP address. For more information, please refer to: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb794741.aspx.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT

Monday, December 10, 2012 5:20 AM

All replies

• Hi,

every TMG node must have a minimum of one Dedicated IP address (DIP) if you use the TMG Server with only one NIC. For two NIC every TMG Server must have two unique IP addresses and if you want to use Forefront TMG you will need in addition to the DIP one or more Virtual IP addresses (VIP) which will be used to distribute traffic between the TMG Array members.
    the Management Server (EMS) must also have a unique DIP, and every host needs a unique hostname

regards Marc Grote aka Jens Baier - www.it-training-grote.de - www.forefront-tmg.de - www.nt-faq.de

Thursday, December 6, 2012 9:08 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for the post.

“do I need to assigned 3 different IP address and hostname for the new setup ?”- Yes, if you enable NLB integration for the array, each network adapter on each array member has a dedicated IP address. For more information, please refer to: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb794741.aspx.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT

Monday, December 10, 2012 5:20 AM