How do I ask Microsoft to fix or install a "vertical" watermark, like they used to have? RRS feed

• Question

• They used to have very customized watermarks to adjust positioning, especially horizontal, diagonal and vertical. But the new Microsoft Office 2010 doesn't have vertical anymore. IT suggest I use the custom "image", but that doesn't solve my problem. That is a complicated, time-consuming and non-workable solution. I cannot use an "image" of text because the text always comes out just a little bit fuzzy on a standard printer. I need to vertical for instant solutions to problems to documents, and I don't have time to waste when dealing with customer service.
    Friday, December 7, 2012 2:22 PM

Answers

• Hi

Are you asking for the watermark text to run vertically down the page, or change the vertical position of the watermark? Either way the watermarks are only WordArt objects in the document header.

If you edit the header you can select the "Watermark" object created using the normal ribbon tools and then use the standard commands to Rotate in the Arrange group of the Format tab or move the object manually or use the Position button to specify vertical position more accurately.

Maybe not as simple if the option was provided but still relatively quick.

Hope this helps

G North MCT

• Marked as answer by Max Meng Thursday, December 13, 2012 7:07 AM
    Friday, December 7, 2012 3:32 PM