none
logon scripts WIN 8 RRS feed

Answers

• This is not a script[ question. It is a Group Policy question.  Ask in the GP forum,

With WS2008R2 we all mostly use GPP preferences for drives and printers.  The preference GP extension has more capabilities and is the recommended method.  I converted all of my domains more than two years ago.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Marked as answer by harringg Friday, February 7, 2014 1:39 AM
    Thursday, February 6, 2014 11:09 PM

All replies

• This is not a script[ question. It is a Group Policy question.  Ask in the GP forum,

With WS2008R2 we all mostly use GPP preferences for drives and printers.  The preference GP extension has more capabilities and is the recommended method.  I converted all of my domains more than two years ago.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Marked as answer by harringg Friday, February 7, 2014 1:39 AM
    Thursday, February 6, 2014 11:09 PM
  • Here is another nearly identical thread from 6 months ago:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/scriptcenter/dd742317

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Friday, February 7, 2014 1:47 AM
  • Changes under Windows 8.1

Logon Scripts Now Run Delayed

Another change Microsoft made related to desktop performance is that now any logon scripts defined under User Configuration\Policies\Windows Settings\Scripts\Logon, will not actually execute until five minutes after the user has logged on. This is actually quite a significant change, because it means tasks executed in logon scripts, like drive mappings or registry changes, may not appear right after the user becomes functional on his or her desktop. This change was done to reduce contention between logon scripts running and other tasks that occur at user logon. However, it’s important to be aware of it because it could significant impact on your user population. There is, fortunately, a way to either disable this feature altogether, or reduce the delay between user logon and when scripts run: the policy at Computer Configuration\Policies\Administrative Templates\System\Group Policy\Configure Logon Script Delay, as shown in Figure 2 below.

Petri has written this up rather well: http://www.petri.co.il/group-policy-in-windows-8-1-new-features.htm#

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Edited by jrv Friday, February 7, 2014 1:55 AM
    Friday, February 7, 2014 1:54 AM