none
unable to publish a package in app v 5.0 client RRS feed

• Question

• I created a package using App v 5.0 sequencer, uploaded it in the app v server and published it in the server. Granted access to AD group also.

In the client, i added the publishing server url and tested the url in the browser also. it was working fine. But while providing Sync-AppVPublishingServer , i am getting the following error

>Sync-AppvPublishingServer

cmdlet Sync-AppvPublishingServer at command pipeline position 1
    Supply values for the following parameters:
    ServerId: 1
    Sync-AppvPublishingServer : Application Virtualization Service failed to complete requested operation.  Operation attem
    pted: RefreshPublishingServer. AppV Error Code: 070000000B. Error module: Publishing. Internal error detail: 3270140700
    00000B. Please consult AppV Client Event Log for more details.
    At line:1 char:26
    + Sync-AppvPublishingServer <<<<
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidResult: (:) [Sync-AppvPublishingServer], ClientException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : RefreshPublishingServerError,Microsoft.AppV.AppvClientPowerShell.SyncAppvPublishingServe
       r

>

Saturday, August 25, 2012 3:11 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

You could post this on Connect - where you downloaded the bits for App-V 5

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Monday, August 27, 2012 8:29 AM
  • We had the same issue. The root cause was that Beta 2 was used for the installation of Publishing server but App-V client was on Beta 1. One remark regarding the Beta 2 client - when you set the Publishing server, it has difficulties resolving the name so use the Publishing server's IP address instead of the name.
    Tuesday, August 28, 2012 9:32 AM
  • the issue got solved after installing Kb 253363
    Friday, August 31, 2012 4:36 AM
  • do you have a link de kb 253363 when i can download this??? thanks

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 11:52 PM
  • Just built a demo server and the same error happened to me...any update on this...the KB253363 or anything else...
    Monday, March 25, 2013 8:01 PM
  • Do you have some more info? (Server OS, CLient OS, did you install all the prerequisits including KB253363)?

Falko

Twitter @kirk_tn   |  Blog kirxblog   |  Web kirx.org

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 10:03 AM
  • Do you have some more info? (Server OS, CLient OS, did you install all the prerequisits including KB253363)?

Falko

Server 2012, Win 7 SP1 32 bit, and all the prereqs.

This is a documented problem, but no fix that I can see...

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 1:43 PM
  • Hello,

According to this thread the issue was resolved after installing the above posted KB. I would say that its a fix? This didn't fix your specific issue? Perhaps creating  new thread and describing your scenario, which does not seem to be the same as the original poster would gain more insight for people to assist you?

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 1:51 PM
  • Hello,

According to this thread the issue was resolved after installing the above posted KB. I would say that its a fix? This didn't fix your specific issue? Perhaps creating  new thread and describing your scenario, which does not seem to be the same as the original poster would gain more insight for people to assist you?

The Update kb253363 has been removed from the Microsoft site...That's why I re-posted this...
    Tuesday, March 26, 2013 1:54 PM
  • Hello,

Click this link;

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2533623

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 2:23 PM
  • Hello,

Click this link;

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2533623

Thanks!!!
    Tuesday, March 26, 2013 2:30 PM
  • sometimes it's the tiny things: 2533623 <> 253363  :-\

Falko

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 3:23 PM
  • This was fixed, not by using the hotfix, but to create a package works correctly. If your package is made correctly you should NOT get AppV Error Code: 070000000B

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 8:12 PM
  • The hotfix was already installed 2533623. It didn't help. Still the same error encountered with two different packages made at different times on two different machines. No errors during package creation. This is frustrating the client(s) will not update the packages(s).

AppV Error Code: 070000000B

Any other incite for anyone else?

Thursday, March 28, 2013 5:58 PM
  • The hotfix was already installed 2533623. It didn't help. Still the same error encountered with two different packages made at different times on two different machines. No errors during package creation. This is frustrating the client(s) will not update the packages(s).

AppV Error Code: 070000000B

Any other incite for anyone else?

When you do a http://servername:publishingport#

It should dispaly an XML file with all the Package content. If it does not then the problem is in your package creation...

Thursday, March 28, 2013 6:02 PM
  • That is just it, it does that. With the package and everything. That's why i don't understand while my client(s) cannot sync with the publishing server. the url is correct distributed via group policy. i double check on the client and it verifies with the get-appvpublishingserver command the correct server url. ive checked publishing server is running in iis and app pools are running. ive actually restarted all of them. restarted the clients, restarted the appv server. im running out of ideas here.

ive built this scenario at work and at home and i get the same result.

i have to be doing something wrong..
    Thursday, March 28, 2013 6:18 PM
  • I am in the same boat.

Going to http://appv:8082 returns the .xml file.

Looking in the App-V client, fails.

Thinking about install 5.0 SP2 Beta.

Monday, July 15, 2013 7:53 PM
  • Same problem, but i Have 2 identical 2008 r2 ts server running appv client 5,0 sp1 virtualized
    On one server we are getting the 070000000B error when trying to sync-appvpublishingserver, and when trying to execute a command in Navision 2013 the application crashes, on the other Ts server Everything works as a dream

And as we have several virtualized apps this only seem to affect Navision client.
    The funny thing is one Company ir company 1 may run nav from thsi server and Company 2 cannot
    The above Kb was not applicable

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 1:11 PM
  • Hello,

Perhaps you can post this in a separate thread - since the original poster has confirmed that the hotfix resolved his specific issue?

Providing a lot more detail on the specifics of your case will of course increase the chances of receiving fruitful feedback.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 10:48 PM