experiencing some issues in sending attachments in mail RRS feed

• Question

• hello,

i am experiencing a trouble sending attachment or inline images while i send an email on outlook . whenever  i try to send an email along with any attachment in it suddenly a message appears on screen conveying that this action cant be performed while attachments are being added or removed

why is this happening ? do i need to make some changes in settings ? or is it because of something else ?

kindly help me through this

Friday, September 22, 2017 7:30 AM

All replies

• Hi Nimra,

What's the version of your Outlook?
    What's the type of the email account?

>> it suddenly a message appears on screen conveying that this action cant be performed while attachments are being added or removed

Could you please provide the detailed error message then we can do further research on this? You may share the screenshot via OneDrive and paste a link here so that our community members can help you better.

Please login to webmail and check if you are able to send emails with attachments from web-mail.

Besides, based on my experience, this issue might be caused by some antivirus add-ins. To help narrow down the problem, please try to Open Outlook in safe mode(Press Win + R, type "outlook /safe", press Enter.) and check the result. 

If you are able to send attachments in safe mode, then the issue is likely be due to add-ins. In order to disable the add-ins follow the steps given below:

1. In Outlook, click on  File< Options< Add-ins.
    2. Under Manage select COM Add-ins.
    3. Click on GO options beside Manage, uncheck all the add-ins and click Ok.
    4. Try to open Outlook and check if it works fine.

Hope the above steps can be helpful. Please feel free to let me know if you would like further assistance on this.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 25, 2017 8:20 AM