Skype for Business federation to Skype RRS feed

• Question

• We are hosting a Skype for Business platform for a couple of our customers.

One domain name has problem with federation to Skype

Im unable to register the domain for Skype federation on pic.lync.com.

All a get is "This Access Edge service FQDN or domain is registered to another organization"

I have searched other treads in this forum and found out that the problem could be that the domain name is active in Office 365.

The customer does have Office 365 but has never user Skype I think they signed up for a trial of E3.

I have disabled Skype in Office 365 changing the domain purpose to not use Skype for Business.

None of the active users in Office 365 have any licens that includes Skype for Business

I was unable to Un-check the box Public IM connectivity since Skype admin consoll does not exist. 

Its now been over 2 weeks but Im still unable to finnish the registration.

Is there any way to check which other organisation my customers domain name is registered to?     

Friday, October 14, 2016 7:45 AM

Answers

• Hi christian,

I worked with customer who had the same problem. We had to log a ticket with Microsoft so they could update the backend. This customer also had office 365 and SfB on premise which sounds very similar to your scenario.

Hope this helps,

Martin

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". Thank you. This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.

• Marked as answer by Christian1A Tuesday, October 25, 2016 7:54 AM
    Friday, October 14, 2016 8:19 AM

All replies

• Hi christian,

I worked with customer who had the same problem. We had to log a ticket with Microsoft so they could update the backend. This customer also had office 365 and SfB on premise which sounds very similar to your scenario.

Hope this helps,

Martin

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". Thank you. This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.

• Marked as answer by Christian1A Tuesday, October 25, 2016 7:54 AM
    Friday, October 14, 2016 8:19 AM
  • Hello Martin

Thank you for your answer this is most certainly the solution to my problem.

Its just that it cost money to log a ticket with Microsoft and in this case it it shouldn't be necessary. 

I have followed the correct procedure.

I kind of posted it here, not to have to open a ticket but I quess i have to :)

I will wait until after this weekend if I dont get any other respons i will credit you "Mark as answer"  

Friday, October 14, 2016 8:45 AM
  • Hi Christian,

Totally understand, we tried to find where it was registered as well and checked old licencing agreements but came up with nothing.

Couple of things we did do was to check for any enabled SfB Online users and we found a couple that were given a licence by accident. We removed the E3 licence on the accounts and ensure no enabled SfB online users were in Office 365 and also we found the customer had federation enabled on their tenant as well and on premise so we disabled this on their tenant as it wasn't required and the user did not have Skype for Business Hybrid as all users were on premise. After we resorted to asking Microsoft.

Hope this may helps

Friday, October 14, 2016 9:03 AM
  • Hi Christian1A,

Welcome to post in our forum.

Before you open a ticket to MS support, please try to deactivate the setting “Let people use Skype for Business to communicate with Skype users outside your organization” and waiting for about 24-48 hours, and then test if the issue persists.

Hope this method helpful to you.

Alice Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 17, 2016 2:38 AM
  • Hello

Thank you for your answer.

Skype for Business is not active in Office 365 so I dont have the "Skype for Business admin center"

Monday, October 17, 2016 7:11 AM
  • Hi Christian1A

Thanks for your response.

Regarding your issue, you could open a ticket to MS, and ask them to remove the association with O365 and test again.

Hope this reply helpful to you.

Alice Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 20, 2016 9:10 AM