Scom 2012 R2 Reporting ( Help ) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Have a new install of Scom 2012 R2, Everything seems to be working.

But when I try to install Scom Reporting on my SQL server I get an error .

Cannot find out why it does not work. Have verified that the reporting is working on the SQL server

Please help !!

Have not seen this before

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 7:06 AM

Answers

• Hi

When I try to install reporting I can see Event id 106 in the event log

Scheduled operations cannot be created. SQL Server Agent is not running.

• Marked as answer by PEOV Friday, September 26, 2014 6:21 AM
    Wednesday, September 24, 2014 9:20 AM

All replies

• Ensure that SQL Server Reporting Services has been correctly installed and configured

To verify that Reporting Services is configured correctly

1. Verify that the ReportServer and ReportServerTempDB databases in SQL Server Management Studio are located on the stand-alone server.
    2. Verify the correct configuration of SQL Server Reporting Services. Click Start, point to Programs, point to the appropriate offering of Microsoft SQL Server, point to Configuration Tools, and then click Reporting Services Configuration Manager. Connect to the instance on which you installed Reporting Services.
    3. In the navigation pane, select the <servername>\SQLinstance. This displays the Report Server status in the results pane. Ensure that the Report Server Status is Started.
    4. In the navigation pane, select Scale-out Deployment, and then ensure that the Status column has the value of Joined.
    5. Verify that the Report Server website is functioning and available by browsing to http://servername/reportserver_<$instance>. You should see a page with the <servername>/ReportServer_<$INSTANCE> and the text, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Version ##.#.####.## where the # is the version number of your SQL Server installation.
    6. Verify that the Report Manager website is configured correctly by opening Internet Explorer and browsing to <a href="http:///reports_<instance">http://<servername>/reports_<instance>.
    7. In the Report Manager website, click New Folder to create a new folder. Enter a name and description, and then click OK. Ensure that the new, created folder is visible on the Report Manager website.

Moreover, ensure that the firewall doesd not block the Managment server and SQL reporting server

Roger

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 7:28 AM
  • Hi

Done all that,everything is working !

Any ideas ?

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 7:40 AM
  • Any error message?

Moreover, the installation should be carry on the SQL server reporting service server and also login user has local administrative credentials.  

Roger

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 9:01 AM
  • Hi

Running the installation with local admin credentials

Where should I look for error messages ?

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 9:07 AM
  • Hi

When I try to install reporting I can see Event id 106 in the event log

Scheduled operations cannot be created. SQL Server Agent is not running.

• Marked as answer by PEOV Friday, September 26, 2014 6:21 AM
    Wednesday, September 24, 2014 9:20 AM