Strange problems with Windows 7 RRS feed

• General discussion

• <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

Strange problem with Windows 7.  I’m doing the database development in MS Access, and my database has 13 tables, 7 of them linked to the external mdb file.  My database is set to compact on close.  When I close the database I’m getting error: Cannot delete [Filename].mdb because it read-only.  It never happens when I use this database on XP machines or Vista, it only happens on Windows 7 machines.  On some new PCs with Windows 7 it happened almost 100% of the time, on some 2 years old PCs 80% of the time and on some old PCs (3+ years old) I wasn’t able to reproduce the error.  On the same PCs loaded with Vista no errors. 

On my main machine, I’m using 32bit Windows Vista (Gigabyte GA-P35-S3, Core2 Duo E8400, OCZ DDR2 4gb RAM, 500gb Seagate HD, MOTU 828 MK2 fire wire sound card) and I had no problems at all with Vista.  After the fresh install of Windows 7 – the problem mentioned above.  My feeling that Windows 7 is pretty much as Vista, only more problems introduced.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009 5:33 PM