Forefront Client Security RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

What is the Recovery Model requirement with SQL Server 2005 for Forefront Client Security?

Thanks,

Dom

System Center Operations Manager 2007 / System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 Support
    Tuesday, April 27, 2010 6:06 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for the update.

I think it is “setting”. In simple mode, it disallows the possibility of recovering either database to the point of failure. In the event of failure, you would restore the database to the last full or differential database backup that you created. And you can also change the recovery model to suit the needs of your organization.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    Friday, April 30, 2010 4:04 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for the post.

As far as I know, Both the collection and reporting databases use the Simple Recovery model by default.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    Tuesday, April 27, 2010 4:41 PM
  • Hi Nick,

Is it a requirement or just an install setting?

I am asking as the Maintenance plan install on these databases by the SQL guy is failing with the following errors:

Database 'master' will not be backed up because it does not have its recovery model set to Full or BulkLogged.

Database 'msdb' will not be backed up because it does not have its recovery model set to Full or BulkLogged.

Database 'SybariEnterpriseManager' will not be backed up because it does not have its recovery model set to Full or BulkLogged.

Database 'OnePoint' will not be backed up because it does not have its recovery model set to Full or BulkLogged.

Database 'SystemCenterReporting' will not be backed up because it does not have its recovery model set to Full or BulkLogged.

Database 'SybariEnterpriseManagerReports' will not be backed up because it does not have its recovery model set to Full or BulkLogged.

If it is a requirement to have the Recovery Model set to Simple I will re-create a new Maintenance Plan.

If it is not a requirement I will keep the Maintenance Plan and Change the Recovery Model.

Thanks,

Dom

System Center Operations Manager 2007 / System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 Support
    Tuesday, April 27, 2010 5:06 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for the update.

I think it is “setting”. In simple mode, it disallows the possibility of recovering either database to the point of failure. In the event of failure, you would restore the database to the last full or differential database backup that you created. And you can also change the recovery model to suit the needs of your organization.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    Friday, April 30, 2010 4:04 AM