none
Facebook Graph Search : relationship status RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Through Power Query I'm trying to get the relationship status of my friends.

It's seems by using friends_relationship it's possible.

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/login/extended-profile-properties/

But I don't succeed to do this.

Any one already did this and could help me ?

Also from now I can only query my friends, but what about public informations available without the need to be logged in ?

For example how to get all the Facebook users living in Paris, with their respective gender and relationship status ?

Thanks for any help on this.

Bertrand

Bertrandr

Thursday, January 9, 2014 5:24 PM

Answers

• Hi Bertrand,

Unfortunately Power Query only requests a subset of the available permissions which does not include relationship status. You'll see the list of what we request when you first connect through Power Query and you can check it at anytime on your Facebook account (Settings > Apps > "Edit" next to Microsoft Power Query for Excel). We're hoping to offer a more flexible set of permissions in the future.

The Facebook Graph API does require an access token which is only provided signed-in users. You'll see a similar experience if you try to use the Facebook Graph outside of Power Query. Besides your friends, you should also have access to any page that is publically accessible although you still have to connect to specific pages through your "likes" or in the connection dialog for example. I do not believe your example is possible through the Graph API today.

Thanks,

Theresa

Monday, February 3, 2014 4:30 PM
    Owner