Custom workflow is not starting at all RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a custom workflow in the authoring tool, which consists of a single powershell activity.  Its set to run when a new object is created, type change request, with additional critiria of when templateID = minorchangerequest

If I run the script manually on the server everything works as expected.

I saved the MP, and imported it, and created a minor change request.  And the workflow never runs.  Looking in the console, at workflow status, it show that no 0 instances have ever run...

I read some time back that I might need to copy some authoring DLLs to the server, but I cannot seem to find that article now.

Any other ways to see why my workflow is not running as it should?

Joshua Fuente

• Edited by NachoScript Wednesday, December 5, 2012 2:33 PM typo
    Wednesday, December 5, 2012 2:32 PM

Answers

• Hi,

maybe you need to update the version number of the MP file. Try that. Otherwise you are sure that your trigger are correctly?

Do you have more than one Management Server? Did you copy it to the Workflow-Server?

Peter Forster | MVP Virtual Machine 2002-2011 | Austria |

• Marked as answer by NachoScript Friday, December 7, 2012 1:47 AM
    Wednesday, December 5, 2012 9:13 PM

All replies

• Hi,

right - you need to copy the .dll into the SCSM installation directory. The .dll of the workflow will be saved into the same directory where you have stored the Management Pack.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012 3:12 PM
  • OK, found the DLL, I copied it to C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012\Service Manager

Re-imported the MP, and it is still not firing off when I create a minorchange request.

Joshua Fuente

Wednesday, December 5, 2012 9:03 PM
  • Hi,

maybe you need to update the version number of the MP file. Try that. Otherwise you are sure that your trigger are correctly?

Do you have more than one Management Server? Did you copy it to the Workflow-Server?

• Marked as answer by NachoScript Friday, December 7, 2012 1:47 AM
    Wednesday, December 5, 2012 9:13 PM
  • I figured out that the change template I was trying to trigger on was not being set by the template.  IE on the templates tab of the minor change template, the template ID field was blank.

I am betting thats the issue.

Is there any difference in changing this field via the console, or should I have the form/template designer change it via the authoring tool?

Joshua Fuente

Wednesday, December 5, 2012 10:03 PM