migrate clients from SCCM 2012 to SCCM: new Site RRS feed

• Question

•  I need move client from site A00 (SCCM 2012) to Site B00 (SCCM CB). I manage 3 options

1) GPO / ADMX

2) On A00 distribute a package to launch a script (script1) that assign it to B00

3) Launch "SCRIPT1" on logon via GPO

My questions is about 2) and 3)

2) I think boundaries is a problema, because i need to move boundaries before clients...so SCCM clients won't run packages on SCCM 2012

3) Could standard priviligies to launch that script ?? I think UAC is a problema...I could run this script on start up machine...but maybe SCCM client is not started yet..

• Edited by Rivers75 Wednesday, December 28, 2016 9:50 AM
    Wednesday, December 28, 2016 8:28 AM

All replies

• Boundary/Groups are not a problem because they can overlap (Content Location only).
    Computer startup scripts run in system context, so not a problem here too.

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

• Proposed as answer by Frank Dong Wednesday, January 4, 2017 1:48 PM
    Wednesday, December 28, 2016 9:50 AM
  • Could standard priviligies to launch that script ?? I think UAC is a problema...I could run this script on start up machine...but maybe SCCM client is not started yet..
    Wednesday, December 28, 2016 9:51 AM
  • Hi,

Why you did not you push Client  from B00 site ?

if you just a client migration, you can desable push client on A00, and enable it on B00.

Farid | windowscapture.com

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 10:18 AM
  • Could standard priviligies to launch that script ?? I think UAC is a problema...I could run this script on start up machine...but maybe SCCM client is not started yet..

What does the script do? If it's for re-assign site code, logon script should work. Or you can just create a program and advise to your clients.

https://prajwaldesai.com/change-site-code-of-configuration-manager-client/

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 29, 2016 7:08 AM