SCCM Client Roolback to base Version after OS in-place upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

we are doing server OS in-place upgrade from server 2008 R2 SP1 (with SCCM Client Version- 5.00.8239.1203) to server 2012 R2.

OS upgraded to Server 2012 R2 but SCCM Client version rollback to version - 5.00.8239.1000.

issue that i am facing is Software updates not applicable for this server os 2012 R2 until I reinstall /push  sccm client version 5.00.8239.1203.

can anyone tell us root cause of this and also fix.

Shailendra Dev

• Edited by Shailendra Dev Saturday, May 6, 2017 6:01 PM sccm client version correction
    Saturday, May 6, 2017 5:53 PM

All replies

• I actually think you are seeing a side effect of an MSI re-installing/repairing than anything specific to SCCM. When that client was installed it should have been a single MSI (5.00.8239.1000) but if I remember correctly, 5.00.8239.1203 was just an MSP (SCCM 2012 R2 SP1 CU1 patch) run over the same base MSI. As a long-time packager IMO this is very likely how you would expect an MSI + MSP to behave in this situation. I'm not sure I understand why you can't patch though, SCCM supports older clients remaining managed, what error or other issue are you seeing prior to the client upgrading back to 5.00.8239.1203?

Jack

Saturday, May 6, 2017 8:22 PM
  • What do you mean "not applicable" here? Software update applicable or not is based on Server OS, not CM Agent. Do you mean that software update don't show in software center? After the OS upgrade, is the old CM agent still be able to communicate with Management Point? 

Normally, old agent should still be able to serve. And if you enabled automatic client upgrade, the client will upgrade automatically in several days.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 11, 2017 6:42 AM
  • HI, may I know if there is any update? Has this issue been solved? If so, could you share the solution to us so that others who has the same issue may get benefit from it. Thanks in advance.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 2:29 AM