none
DPM agent communication error RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I have a DPM2007 server installed on Windows Server 2008 Standard which is backing up a file server installed on Windows Server 2003 standard. While running a consistency check, I got the following eror:

DPM failed to communicate with the protection agent on NMGWW104.corporateroot.net because the agent is not responding. (ID 43 Details: Internal error code: 0x8099090E)

I checked the records from DPMRA source in the file Server and saw the following message:

A DPM agent failed to communicate with the DPM service on <server> because access is denied. Make sure that <server> has DCOM launch and access permissions for the computer running the DPM agent (Error code: 0x80070005, full name: <server>).

I followed the article http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb795716.aspx to correct the DCOM launch and access permissions and saw that the agent is a part of the DCOM Users.

I went to Administrative Tools -> Component Services -> My Computer Properties -> COM Security and checked access permission limits where DCOM Users are given both Lcal Access and Remote Access. I checked the Launch and Activate permission limits where DCOM Users are given Local Launch, Remote Launch, Local Activation and Remote Activation.

The DPM Server is accessible from the agent. I tried restarting the DPMRA service on the agent also but that did not help. After this I ran a Sync Job again, but now it says 'unable to configure protection'.

Please help.

Thanks

Pavit

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 10:36 AM

All replies

• Hi Community,

Any Suggestions why this may be occuring?

Thanks

Pavit

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 5:58 AM
  • Hi Community,

Seems like there was a problem while communicating with the DC. The DPM error was often accompanied by a communication error ID:1053. So I checked the DNS entries and found that the two entries present there were wrong. Backup is running fine after correcting those entries.

Pavit

Monday, April 2, 2012 2:42 PM