end process RRS feed

• Question

• I accidentally pressed end task explorer.exe and everything goes off.i made a new task and run explorer.exe but only windows explorer appears and i cant get taskbar and other icons is there any way to  get them back? 
    Wednesday, August 11, 2010 8:26 AM

Answers

• If you created a new task (explorer), the Taskbar should have reappeared. Have you tried restarting the computer?

If you have done something more than just ending explorer, try running a system restore to a date before this happened. You may have to boot to Safe Mode to do it (start tapping F8 when you switch on).

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Wednesday, August 18, 2010 1:41 AM
    Wednesday, August 11, 2010 2:44 PM

All replies

• If you created a new task (explorer), the Taskbar should have reappeared. Have you tried restarting the computer?

If you have done something more than just ending explorer, try running a system restore to a date before this happened. You may have to boot to Safe Mode to do it (start tapping F8 when you switch on).

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Wednesday, August 18, 2010 1:41 AM
    Wednesday, August 11, 2010 2:44 PM
  • On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 08:26:48 +0000, shaz_Soul wrote:

I accidentally pressed end task explorer.exe and everything goes off.i made a new task and run explorer.exe but only windows explorer appears and i cant get taskbar and other icons is there any way to  get them back? 

Have you rebooted? If not, you should.

Ken Blake
    Wednesday, August 11, 2010 3:41 PM
  • If the issue persists after restarting the computer, try killing the process and then re-add it again.

If the issue still exists, go into Safe Mode (Restart computer, press the F8 key when the boot menu pops up, select [Safe Mode], and boot up) and check if the issue still occurs.

Also, run System Restore to see if the issue can be resolved after restoring the system to the previous status.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, August 13, 2010 6:12 AM