none
Faulting application name: SearchUI.exe, version: 10.0.10586.63 RRS feed

• Question

• My USB mouse starts to stop/stutter and it makes navigation impossible.

I consistently get this error after recent update from Windows Update, prior to this update no problem.  I looked in Event Viewer and find this every day:

Faulting application name: SearchUI.exe, version: 10.0.10586.63, time stamp: 0x568b1fdc
    Faulting module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, version: 10.0.10586.71, time stamp: 0x5699d8e0
    Exception code: 0xc000027b
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000281e52

After a Google search I see this error is VERY common.  So far it seems the only solution is to roll back Windows 10 updates all the way back to prior to Nov 2015?  When this error happens the Windows start icon no longer works.  Also and right click on any item on my taskbar will trigger this delayed mouse response.

This is a Clean fresh Win10 Enterprise install starting with 1151 build (I'm an MSDN Enterprise developer). 

I have NOT been able to find a better solution, frankly I find this rather unacceptable.

Rob.

"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Friday, February 26, 2016 4:51 PM

All replies

• Can we assume you have tried removing then re-installing the mouse driver?

Can we also assume you have run a system file check to find the state of the OS?

This just a shot in the dark but since you are a developer, are you using any ivalueconverters to format any data bound values?

Please run a system file check (SFC) & DISM  if you are on win 8 or higher

All instructions are in our Wiki article below...
    Should you have any questions please ask us.

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag Windows IT-PRO (MS-MVP)

Friday, February 26, 2016 5:50 PM
  • I was able to isolate the issue to this combination:

1.  Google Chrome install (but NOT default browser)

2.  Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise Install (working with Silverlight projects/tools)

Fortunately I had a restore point created from 2/10/2016 just prior to a "Critical Windows Update".  I restored from that point and that resolved the issue.  I created a manual restore point today with a "Working" PC.

After my restore all is working correctly except Chrome.  I uninstalled Chrome, rebooted.  All was still working correctly.  I installed Chrome and started getting the SearchUI.exe errors again and mouse lag.  The mouse lag was also present when using Calculator, IE, Search ... other programs were not impacted.

Restored my "Manual Restore point from today (see above)" and PC was working again, uninstalled Chrome.

So it appears to be some conflict with Win10, VS2015, and Chrome ... what exactly I don't know, but I don't really have time to do Microsoft's or Google's job.  Hopefully one of the two companies can be more vigilant in using appropriate pre-release testing/QA resources.  As a developer I have my own bug/issues to deal with, I certainly have NO time to fixing OS/Browser issues.

Rob.

Friday, February 26, 2016 8:17 PM
  • Hi Robin,

I suggest you perform the Clean Boot to narrow down to see if the culprit is Chrome:

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Please also check and install all available Windows Updates to keep your computer up to date.

Meanwhile, run this commands in the PowerShell with Administrator:

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 29, 2016 7:07 AM
  • This did not work.  It was a Windows Update that appears to have caused the conflict.  For now I'll just not install Chrome, which is unfortunate.

Rob.

Thursday, March 3, 2016 5:12 PM
  • This did not work.  It was a Windows Update that appears to have caused the conflict.  For now I'll just not install Chrome, which is unfortunate.

Rob.

How did you know this caused by Windows update? After uninstall the Chrome, did the issue occur again?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 8, 2016 6:01 AM