Keep gadget behind taskbar RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to keep a gadget behind the taskbar?

Whenever i restart my computer the gadget reappears next to the taskbar and i have to move it behind it again.

This is my current arangement:

The taskbar is aligned left with maximized transparency and a CPU/RAM-meter gadget behind it, so i can keep a eye on it without it actually taking up more space. Having it stay behind the taskbar across restarts would be nice.

(System: Win7 RC)
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 6:25 PM

Answers

• Do you know of a registry setting then that disables this behavior? :)
    Sorry There is none as it is built into the programs design...
    • Proposed as answer by JJTech Wednesday, July 15, 2009 11:46 PM
    • Marked as answer by Domochevsky Wednesday, July 15, 2009 11:48 PM
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 11:46 PM

All replies

• As far as i know that's not possible because the reason why it realigns on startup is just in case you accidentally put it there thus its an auto-realignment reset fail-safe so you can get it back and be able to put it where you intended it to be and to change options. when its behind the start bar you cant do these things unless you move the start bar first.
    • Proposed as answer by JJTech Wednesday, July 15, 2009 10:48 PM
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 10:48 PM
  • That would be rather unfortunate, since you can indeed move the taskbar whenever you want to get at the gadget. (Or set the bar to auto-hide and then unset it again after you're done.)  :/
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 11:29 PM
  • Yes but in the mean time its behind the start bar and you are unable to get to it unless you do those things so if and when you restart with it behind the start bar the fail-safe kicks in and realigns it so you can get to it again, its the same thing if you close "sidebar.exe" and run it again the fail-safes go off. I didn't program it I just know how it works :)
    • Proposed as answer by JJTech Wednesday, July 15, 2009 11:41 PM
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 11:41 PM
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 11:42 PM
    Sorry There is none as it is built into the programs design...
    • Proposed as answer by JJTech Wednesday, July 15, 2009 11:46 PM
    • Marked as answer by Domochevsky Wednesday, July 15, 2009 11:48 PM
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 11:46 PM