MDT 8443 -- 2016 Standard Reference Image Task Sequence Roles and Features Bug? RRS feed

• General discussion

• I am having a problem when selecting "IIS Management Console" from the list in the Roles and Features step.   Everything looks good until I come back into the TS and that selection is no longer checked but instead "FTP Service"  has a checkbox next to it.    Excerpt below is from the TS.xml and as you can see it is placing the "Web-Ftp-Service" entry into the OSRoles variable section which is just plain wrong as well for that entry even.  Not sure what is going on.....

If I try to manually put the proper entry into the OSRoleServices section it just gets deleted the next time the task sequence is opened.   Can anyone confirm that they experience this as well?

<step type="BDD_InstallRoles" name="Install Roles and Features" description="" disable="false" continueOnError="false" runIn="WinPEandFullOS" successCodeList="0 3010">
          <defaultVarList>
            <variable name="OSRoleIndex" property="OSRoleIndex">14</variable>
            <variable name="OSRoles" property="OSRoles">Web-Ftp-Service</variable>
            <variable name="OSRoleServices" property="OSRoleServices">Web-Default-Doc,Web-Static-Content,Web-Http-Logging,Web-Request-Monitor,Web-Stat-Compression,Web-Filtering,Web-IP-Security,Web-Net-Ext,Web-Net-Ext45,Web-Asp-Net,Web-Asp-Net45,Web-ISAPI-Ext,Web-ISAPI-Filter</variable>
            <variable name="OSFeatures" property="OSFeatures">NET-Framework-Core,NET-Framework-45-Core,NET-Framework-45-ASPNET,NET-WCF-HTTP-Activation45,MSMQ-Server,Telnet-Client,WAS-Process-Model,WAS-Config-APIs</variable>
          </defaultVarList>
          <action>cscript.exe "%SCRIPTROOT%\ZTIOSRole.wsf"</action>
        </step>

• Edited by GCoopII Wednesday, October 25, 2017 5:36 PM
    Wednesday, October 25, 2017 4:59 PM

All replies

• At the time I ended up fixing this by doing some sleight of hand with utilizing the Server 2012 Roles and features on my Server 2016 deployment.   However, I just wanted to come back here and follow up for posterity's sake after seeing the following release notes from version 8450: 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/mdt/release-notes 

(relevant text highlighted in bold under the bug fix section)

Latest release

MDT build 8450 is the latest version available on the Microsoft Download Center.

This update begins support for the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK) for Windows 10, version 1709.

Update: As of May 2018, this build also supports Windows 10, version 1803.

For more information, see the supported platforms section.

Significant changes

Here is a summary of the significant changes in this build of MDT.

Supported configuration updates

• Windows ADK for Windows 10, version 1709
    • Windows 10, version 1709
    • Configuration Manager, version 1710

Quality updates

The following are the titles of bug fixes in this release:

• Win10 Sideloaded App dependencies and license not installed
    • CaptureOnly task sequence doesn't allow capturing an image
    • Error received when starting an MDT task sequence: Invalid DeploymentType value "" specified. The deployment will not proceed
    • ZTIMoveStateStore looks for the state store folder in the wrong location causing it to fail to move it
    • xml contains a simple typo that caused undesirable behavior
    • Install Roles & Features doesn't work for Windows Server 2016 IIS Management Console feature
    • Browsing for OS images in the upgrade task sequence doesn't work when using folders
    • MDT tool improperly provisions the TPM into a Reduced Functionality State. For more information, see KB 4018657.
    • Updates to ZTIGather chassis type detection logic
    • Upgrade OS step leaves behind SetupComplete.cmd, breaking future deployments
    • Windows 10 ADK 1607 and later UEFI boot issue on some hardware
    • Includes updated Configuration Manager task sequence binaries

• Edited by GCoopII Tuesday, November 20, 2018 9:01 PM
    Tuesday, November 20, 2018 9:00 PM