Installing Windows Installer service, RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a windows server 2003 x64, with SP2 and problem with it is on installing applications. It never allowed me to install application properly and I had no luck with un registering & registering Windows Installer service. So I did a re-installation of windows installer 4.5, which turned windows installer service to disabled state (service marked for deletion).  :(

Do I have a luck on rebooting the machine and try installing Windows Installer 4.5 ?

Or could you please advice me for a fix. (registry enteries, and msi files under system32 folder looks good). ?

Many Thanks

Monday, July 8, 2013 7:18 AM

Answers

• Hello IamDeepak,
    first of all I suggest to schedule a Server reboot if not already because "Service marked for deletion" needs it (stackoverflow - How to force uninstallation of windows service). Then try to install Windows Installer 4.5.
    If it won't work then I suggest this useful MSDN Blog article Repairing the Windows Installer service on a 64-bit OS.

Bye,
    Luca

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. | Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on "Vote As Helpful" & click on "Mark As Answer" if a post answers your question.

Monday, July 8, 2013 8:46 PM