Outlook Android app not syncing contacts RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

Apologies if this is the wrong forum section, I'm more than happy to repost this to the correct one. I've run into a odd problem with Outlook's Android app and am looking for a bit of guidance.

In the mobile app, under Settings > Accounts > Sync Contacts, there is a switch to enable this to sync to Android's contacts. The problem that I have run into is that this switch, when toggled on, toggles itself off on it's own. Currently, this happens pretty immediately, however when the app was first installed, it would start importing contacts and then turn it off. We are able to successfully import contacts in by adding an Exchange account but we would prefer if this instead handled through the app.

This happens to more than one user using different versions of Android on different phones. On the phone that I'm currently posting for, we've done the following:

- Initial install was completed on a fresh version of Android 8.0, phone model Google Pixel XL 2

- Uninstalled and reinstalled app from the Play Store

- Force stopped and cleared the cache from Settings > App > Outlook > Storage

The Outlook app is on the most current version; 2.2.131. Is this feature not currently enabled for the Outlook app? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Matt

Monday, April 16, 2018 10:16 PM

All replies

• Hi Matt,

Thank you for visiting Outlook Forum.

Then here we mainly focus on  general questions and feedback related to Outlook desktop application. Since your issue is more related to Outlook's Android app, I'd like to recommend you to post this thread to Outlook Forum for Android phone.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Thursday, April 19, 2018 8:12 AM
    Tuesday, April 17, 2018 2:15 AM
  • Hi Perry,

Not a problem, I completely understand! I'll repost this over on that forum instead.

Thanks,
    Matt

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 10:25 PM
  • Thank you for your understanding. You are welcome~

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 1:05 AM