One user cannot login via Forms Based Authentication RRS feed

• Question

• I have a site setup which uses Forms Based Authentication.  One specific user gets a generic "The server could not sign you in.  Make sure your username and password are correct...".  If this user tries logging from another macine (using same URL & credentials) then they can login without any issue.  Further, no other users are able to login from the affected users machine but they can login using their own machines.  I have asked this user to clear their cache and reboot their machine, but no luck.  Any suggestions on what could be causing the issue?

Thursday, May 26, 2011 4:16 PM

Answers

• Have you tried with a different browser (say Firefox) from that computer?

Can the users from that affected machine log into anohter web application (if you have)? Wondering if there is any host entry pointing to a different IP address?

Hope this helps!

BlueSky2010
    • Proposed as answer by pamela686 Thursday, May 26, 2011 6:14 PM
    • Marked as answer by David HM Thursday, June 2, 2011 1:39 AM
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 5:37 PM

All replies

• Have you tried with a different browser (say Firefox) from that computer?

Can the users from that affected machine log into anohter web application (if you have)? Wondering if there is any host entry pointing to a different IP address?

Hope this helps!

BlueSky2010
    • Proposed as answer by pamela686 Thursday, May 26, 2011 6:14 PM
    • Marked as answer by David HM Thursday, June 2, 2011 1:39 AM
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 5:37 PM
  • I had this issue come up some months ago. I ended up having to re-format the client machine to get the messages to go away. Everything is working great now.
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 7:26 PM