none
Baseline information cleared from the project RRS feed

• Question

• After importing a project file to Project Online and publishing it, everything looked fine. but a few days later some of the Baseline data cleared form the project. 

Baseline Start and Baseline Finish columns keep the values but Baseline cost and all time-phased data  such as BCWS is showing 0

nothing particularly change on the project except some progress updates and a few date changes by user.

As this happens on Online server I can not investigate logs etc.

Any idea what  could be the reason?

Wednesday, March 2, 2016 9:25 AM

Answers

• Hi Naaser,

The BCWS corresponds to the  cumulative timephased baseline costs up to the status date or today's date. Thus if the baseline costs disappeared, the BCWS too. I've not seen such a bug before, so I would say that it is probably due to a wrong manipulation of the user (maybe playing with interim plans, copying an interim plan which only contains start and finish into the baseline).

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

• Marked as answer by Naaser Wednesday, March 2, 2016 1:51 PM
    Wednesday, March 2, 2016 10:05 AM

All replies

• Hi Naaser,

The BCWS corresponds to the  cumulative timephased baseline costs up to the status date or today's date. Thus if the baseline costs disappeared, the BCWS too. I've not seen such a bug before, so I would say that it is probably due to a wrong manipulation of the user (maybe playing with interim plans, copying an interim plan which only contains start and finish into the baseline).

Hope this helps,

• Marked as answer by Naaser Wednesday, March 2, 2016 1:51 PM
    Wednesday, March 2, 2016 10:05 AM
  • Thanks a lot Guillaume,

Helpful as usual.

If this is the case ( which I guess it is!) does Microsoft support has a log on server that can be used to find out what change and when made this?

Wednesday, March 2, 2016 11:38 AM
  • :-(

Unfortunately, there is no log or/and backup and restore with Project Online. Maybe if you keep some reporting about the given project, it could give you some information.

Hope this helps,

Wednesday, March 2, 2016 12:53 PM