Endless Bluescreens RRS feed

• Question

• I bought a Cyberpower Gamer Infinity 6311 from NewEgg.com, which arrived eight days ago with Vista Home Premium 64 bit installed.

I have installed the following software on it:

SPORE
    Tron 2.0
    Frets on Fire
    Office 2003
    Adobe CS3 pack (includes all CS3 programs)
    Winamp
    Lightwave 64 bit
    eMule (rarely used)
    Ultramon
    Klipfolip
    Mailwasher
    Health Diabetic Software
    Google Earth
    uTorrent
    Logitech Setpoint (wireless keyboard)
    Eudora 7
    Combined Community Codec Pack
    RCA Digital Voice Manager
    Avast! Antivirus

This system has not run stable for more than 48 hours at a time, and has now started displaying an endless number of bluescreens, the most common being:

MEMORY MANAGEMENT
    SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION
    INTERRUPT EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED
    INTERNAL POWER ERROR
    DRIVER IRQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL (repeatedly)
    CACHE MANAGER (during system restore and whenever files are being copied)
    PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA

Additionally, there was a bluescreen displaying the words A PROCESS OR THREAD CRUCIAL TO THE SYSTEM HAS EXITED OR BEEN TERMINATED appeared after the failed system restore.

The computer then performed CHKDSK, which was interrupted four times by bluescreens.

The only STOP numbers I was able to copy down are as follows:

STOP 0X0000007E (0XFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0XFFFFF800248AC2A, 0XFFFFF6001DC868, 0XFFFFFA6001DCD240)

Also, several of the STOP messages referenced the file ecache.sys

In all, there were more than twenty bluescreens.

All of this in the span of two hours.

At this point, I reinstalled Vista from the system disk provided by Cyberpower.  The install itself went perfectly, but once the machine began running, the bluescreens resumed, mostly with CACHE MANAGER and SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION messages.

Before giving up and moving back to a very old emergency system running XP Home, I had suffered EIGHT post-reinstallation bluescreens in under an hour, with absolutely no non-Microsoft software running.  I was unable to run MSCONFIG, as the bluescreens displayed almost immediately upon launch of any program.

Please advise.  I really want this new computer to work!
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 9:37 AM

Answers

• Judging from the output you posted, seeing a page fault error, that would seem to indicate that perhaps you either have a memory chip that is loose or bad.  If this is a new machine, I suggest contacting the manufacturer for further instructions, as you don't want to void your warranty.
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 3:23 PM