I am having Kernel 41 crashes whenever i am playing games RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    This seems to happen randomnly but regularly and usually if i am playing online games. At first i used to get a blue screen, but after installing new motherboard drivers and turning off all the power save options it seemed Ok (This has been a problem for Windows 7, reading the forums). Now i just get a freeze, lined screen and then crash with no blue screen or error messages. Just returns to the choose windows mode to restart obviously because windows hasn't shut down properly. I also thought it was a heat problem so purchased a new heatsink. CPU heat on full load is only 46c now although memory now seems to get hotter around 50c. I think this is because the new heatsink has changed the airflow. Anyway i have pasted the Xml from the event viewer but this means very little to me, any help or direction appreciated.
    Regards
    Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    - <System>
      <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
      <EventID>41</EventID>
      <Version>2</Version>
      <Level>1</Level>
      <Task>63</Task>
      <Opcode>0</Opcode>
      <Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>
      <TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-04-22T13:23:42.768014600Z" />
      <EventRecordID>114720</EventRecordID>
      <Correlation />
      <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
      <Channel>System</Channel>
      <Computer>David_</Computer>
      <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
      </System>
    - <EventData>
      <Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
      <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
      <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
      <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
      <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
      <Data Name="SleepInProgress">false</Data>
      <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
      </EventData>
      </Event>
    Friday, April 22, 2011 1:46 PM

Answers

• Have you upgrade your BIOS? If it still does not help, I suggest you send the motherboard to manufacturer and check if there is any hardware issues.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Balthus Dire Monday, April 25, 2011 8:39 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Balthus Dire Monday, April 25, 2011 8:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, April 29, 2011 9:18 AM
    Monday, April 25, 2011 7:48 AM
  • Save the *.com file to local drive and see if you can locate it when booting into BIOS and upgrade it. It it cannot be located, you may save that file to USB flash drive and loade it from there.

ASUS should releas upgrade tools for Windows 7. You may temporary disable antivirus and firewall and run the upgrade. If it does not help I suggest you contact ASUS support for more information.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, April 29, 2011 9:18 AM

All replies

• Have you upgrade your BIOS? If it still does not help, I suggest you send the motherboard to manufacturer and check if there is any hardware issues.
    • Marked as answer by Balthus Dire Monday, April 25, 2011 8:39 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Balthus Dire Monday, April 25, 2011 8:39 AM
    Monday, April 25, 2011 7:48 AM
  • Thanks Arthur,

how do you go about upgrading your Bios?

The bios utilty on the Asus website that automatically updates dosen't work on Windows 7 ultimate x64 for some reason, they do have .rom files that you can download but these are to be used with a floppy. I don't want to buy any floppys if poss, it this the only way you can flash your bios?

Thanks

Monday, April 25, 2011 8:39 AM
  • Save the *.com file to local drive and see if you can locate it when booting into BIOS and upgrade it. It it cannot be located, you may save that file to USB flash drive and loade it from there.

ASUS should releas upgrade tools for Windows 7. You may temporary disable antivirus and firewall and run the upgrade. If it does not help I suggest you contact ASUS support for more information.

Friday, April 29, 2011 9:18 AM