none
Baseline Visibility RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have saved a baseline, every task has a baseline start, finish and duration.

I have applied my Tracking Gantt.

My bar styles are as below.

The baseline bars on the Gantt are only visible on 90% of the tasks, does anyone know why?

Its seems the baseline bars are not visible on bars that either are critical or were previously critical?? This is strange and concerning, has anyone has a problem similar to this before?? 

Monday, October 3, 2016 1:16 AM

Answers

• Try cutting and pasting the Baseline bar at the bottom of the list.  The bars are drawn from the top of the list to the bottom of the list - so it is possible the baseline bar is being overwritten by other bar definitions.
    Monday, October 3, 2016 1:46 PM

All replies

• Give us more screen shot of how it appears in Tracking Gantt along with details of Project version.

Meanwhile please do this check 

a) Have you zoomed out the timescale? Check View tab and Timescale to days. This will display ensure the task bars are visible to human eye :)

b) Did you add new tasks after baseline? If yes, these tasks will not have baseline bar

c) Did you change the individual bar style for any reason? If yes, try the reset the view. Change the current view to Gantt Chart. Then, click File, Info, Organizer. Copy Tracking Gantt view from Global.MPT to current project. This will reset the view definition including the bar styles

Sai PMP, PMI-SP, MCTS Project, MVP Project

Monday, October 3, 2016 9:03 AM

• Try cutting and pasting the Baseline bar at the bottom of the list.  The bars are drawn from the top of the list to the bottom of the list - so it is possible the baseline bar is being overwritten by other bar definitions.
    Monday, October 3, 2016 1:46 PM
  • Very likely this is caused by having the styles in a certain order in the list.MSP reads styles from top to bottom and lines lower in the list overwrite the ones higher in the list.

If you use the organiser to pull a nice new clean tracking Gantt view from the global template, you may find that it works. Then check the bar styles.

Or if you start a new file and just make one task, baseline it, then check the bar styles for that view, you may find that your tracking Gantt view in the original plan had the styles in a different order in the list.

Any Help?

Monday, October 3, 2016 10:16 PM
  • Good reply Julie. I just noticed the Bar Styles dialog in the question. Baseline style is on the top, and it should be moved to the bottom of the list.

Sai PMP, PMI-SP, MCTS Project, MVP Project

Tuesday, October 4, 2016 10:29 AM