SP 2007, Word 2010 and Nintex Workflow RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am using MOSS and Word 2010. I created a nintex workflow for a document library, which runs the workflow on item creation. But when i open a new item from MOSS in Word 2010 and save it. The workflow is just stuck having a status of "starting". After trying different options, i figured out that when i save the document from word 2010 to MOSS, it is actual not checking in the document.  since the document is not checked in the workflow is not working, And by Default MOSS Document library asks you to check in the document if you have required fields related to the document.

I would appreciate if you guys let me know if there is a work around.

Thank you,

Sai

Friday, July 12, 2013 3:56 PM

All replies

• A MOSS Document library won't ask you to check in a document unless has been turned on by the libary owner OR you have mandatory metadata.

If you do have mendatory metadata, you may want to change the starting condition of the workflow to see if hat does anything for you?

Cheers,

Steven Andrews

SharePoint Business Analyst

Blog: Steve's SharePoint Space  Twitter:   LinkedIn:   Facebook:

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Monday, July 15, 2013 3:23 PM
    Answerer
  • Hello Steve,

I have mandatory data, and that is causing the problem for the workflow to not start, since i m using Word 2010 and i m not able to check in the document.

What do you mean, when you say "you may want to change the starting condition of the workflow to see if hat does anything for you?"

When i have the start condition as "Manual" it works fine, because i will be checking in the document manually.

Appreciate your guidance

Thank you,

Sai

Monday, July 15, 2013 3:47 PM
  • Hi Sai,

Apologies for the late response.

I think you've identified your poblem on you own.  As a further test, try turning off the mandatory metadata and seeing if the workflow will work then.

The information on this Stack Exchange thread might also be useful for you

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1272957/document-checked-out-in-sharepoint-when-workflow-starts

Cheers,

Steven Andrews

SharePoint Business Analyst

Blog: Steve's SharePoint Space  Twitter:   LinkedIn:   Facebook:

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Friday, July 19, 2013 11:10 AM
    Answerer
  • Hello Steve,

Ya it works if i turn it off, but i wanted to do without turning it off, so i wanted to know if there a workaround to do that?

Thank you,

Sai

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 7:45 PM