none
PQ+Excel: I know how to limit results using filter, but is there a way to limit scope of query? Hoping to speed up... RRS feed

• Question

• I use PQ and Excel to extra data from the headers of my emails. The 3rd step of my query settings is to filter rows to only display rows where "Received Date" is within the past 10 days. However, every time I refresh query, it takes forever and appears to be processing a lot more data than simply the last 10 days of emails.

Is there a way for me to tell PQ to only query the last 10 days so the data is smaller and easier to process?

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 11:02 PM

Answers

• I'm not so familiar with this connector, but I'm not aware of any query folding being applied to this connector. Have you tried checking what happens when you place all of the files in a subfolder? Have you checked your network performance to see if the Exchange service is throttling at any given point? I'd recommend that you use a program called Fiddler to do these tests and find out exactly why its taking so long to load.

It's really one of those case by case scenarios, but, overall, I've never seen the Exchange Connector run blazing fast for me.

Sunday, February 4, 2018 11:31 AM

All replies

• Hey,

Just to confirm, you're using the Microsoft Exchange Connector, correct? The reason why I ask this it's because the optimization of the query often relies on the data source and the connector that you're using.

Friday, January 26, 2018 2:44 AM
  • Yes, I am using the exchange connector.
    Friday, February 2, 2018 7:55 PM
  • I'm not so familiar with this connector, but I'm not aware of any query folding being applied to this connector. Have you tried checking what happens when you place all of the files in a subfolder? Have you checked your network performance to see if the Exchange service is throttling at any given point? I'd recommend that you use a program called Fiddler to do these tests and find out exactly why its taking so long to load.

It's really one of those case by case scenarios, but, overall, I've never seen the Exchange Connector run blazing fast for me.

Sunday, February 4, 2018 11:31 AM