Windows 7 profile keeps going into "temp" mode RRS feed

• Question

• I had discovered that one of my users in my domain had a corrupted profile so upon discovering this I deleted the profile.  Now when the user logs in with his A.D credentials it goes into a temporary profile.  Can someone help!?
    Monday, September 23, 2013 1:22 PM

Answers

• Hi,

In windows 7, if user delete the user profile with incorrect way, it will not automatically create a new user profile and will use temporary profile at next logon. This is a normal symptom.

Here we provide three solutions:

1. Please check whether the profile is still listed in User Profile Setting of Advanced System Settings.  If it is still, delete it and reboot.
    2. Please download the fixit Microsoft provides (go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9734641), and run as Administrator.
    3. Please locate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT \CurrentVersion \ProfileList, choose the related SID (the user profile you deleted), and then delete the SID, restart your computer.

Note if there are more than one SID, I suggest you delete the SID you wanted by viewing ProfileImagePath value.

Thanks!

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 5:16 AM