Hiding OOB Tasks in the Tasks pane RRS feed

• Question

• There's at least one out of the box Task that is in the right Task Pane when you have incidents selected. It's called 'Assign to Me'. Can I hide this? I had to create a custom task that assigns to the current user & does something else. We'd now like to hide the out of the box task.

Also, does anyone know what the path would be to the little icon next to it too so that my custom task can have the same icon?

Thanks!
    Thursday, December 16, 2010 2:10 PM

Answers

• Hi

You can modify the User Role where your user is a member.(under Administration\Security\User Roles)
    Under the selection for Tasks, choose "Provide access to only the selected tasks".
    Just mark the Tasks that you want to see for the User Role.

Stefan Allansson, Lumagate. www.lumagate.com
    Thursday, December 16, 2010 3:33 PM
  • Hi

Yes thats right, my solution is only available for custom user roles.

Tim, if you want to check everything but the 'Assign to me' task, you have to create a new custom user role.

Stefan Allansson, Lumagate, Sweden, www.lumagate.com
    Thursday, January 27, 2011 4:35 PM

All replies

• Hi

You can modify the User Role where your user is a member.(under Administration\Security\User Roles)
    Under the selection for Tasks, choose "Provide access to only the selected tasks".

Thursday, December 16, 2010 3:33 PM
  • @Stefan That is only available for custom user roles, right?
    Thursday, December 16, 2010 3:49 PM
  • Hi

By default, are all of the tasks in the list enabled to everyone? So we would want to check 'Provide access..', and check everything but the 'Assign to me' task?
    Thursday, December 16, 2010 5:37 PM
  • By default, are all of the tasks in the list enabled to everyone? So we would want to check 'Provide access..', and check everything but the 'Assign to me' task?

Yes.

In addition, the image reference for the Assign To Me task:
    <ImageReference ElementID="View.a1bcfb8fc9da486d905915a96d21d937" ImageID="IncidentManagement!IncidentMgmt_IncidentsAssignedToMeTask_16" />

Regards
    //Anders

Anders Asp | Lumagate | www.lumagate.com
    Friday, December 17, 2010 6:11 AM
  • Hi

Yes thats right, my solution is only available for custom user roles.

Tim, if you want to check everything but the 'Assign to me' task, you have to create a new custom user role.

Stefan Allansson, Lumagate, Sweden, www.lumagate.com
    Thursday, January 27, 2011 4:35 PM