Cool Edit DVD/CD Drive recognition RRS feed

• Question

• I know that this thread is old, but hopefully there is someone out there that will be able to assist me.  I have cool edit 2 and Window's Vista.  I have not experienced a crash or loading issue yet.  My issue is that Cool Edit does not recognize my dvd/cd drives.  This means I cannot rip music from, or burn music to, cd.  I have the CD Burning Plug-in, but is there another driver or plug-in that can help me?

bustedopen@yahoo.com

Monday, January 3, 2011 4:37 PM

Answers

• have you tried reinstalling,try other CD/DVD burning apps say..Nero
    Tunde Abagun MCP,MCSA,MCTS,MCITP en p "for the love of Computers"
    Monday, January 3, 2011 7:34 PM
  • Hi,

From your description it seems that this issue has nothing to do with Cool edit, because you can't rip music or burn music to CD. You need a working DVD burner like Nero.

Can you see DVD from device manager? Make sure your CD\DVD drive is working properly.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, January 7, 2011 11:56 AM

All replies

• have you tried reinstalling,try other CD/DVD burning apps say..Nero
    Tunde Abagun MCP,MCSA,MCTS,MCITP en p "for the love of Computers"
    Monday, January 3, 2011 7:34 PM
  • Hi,

From your description it seems that this issue has nothing to do with Cool edit, because you can't rip music or burn music to CD. You need a working DVD burner like Nero.

Can you see DVD from device manager? Make sure your CD\DVD drive is working properly.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, January 7, 2011 11:56 AM