Driver Error Message (driver_irql_not less or equal, btfilter.sys) RRS feed

• Question

• I am receiving the blue screen error message driver_irql_not less or equal (btfilter.sys) every 3-4 minutes on my new laptop. How can I fix this?
    • Edited by Brandon Records Friday, June 5, 2015 7:40 PM added error to title.
    Friday, May 29, 2015 2:06 PM

Answers

• Btfilter.sys appears to belong to a Bluetooth driver, primarily a Toshiba Bluetooth stack. Update or uninstall any Bluetooth software from Programs and Features.

Brandon
    Windows Outreach Team- IT Pro
    Windows for IT Pros on TechNet

• Marked as answer by Bruce Wooding Monday, June 15, 2015 3:00 PM
    Friday, June 5, 2015 7:37 PM
  • Hi Ireland,

How about the issue? Is there anything to update?

According to your description, btfilter.sys is a Bluetooth filter driver. I agree with Brand, we can try to reinstall this driver from the device manager and uninstall related software to have a check.

To analyze the issue deeply, please upload the .dmp files to the OneDrive and paste the link here.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 8, 2015 7:55 AM

All replies

• Upload the DMP files to your onedrive or another file sharing program and post it here so I can take a look at it.

The DMP files can be located in C:\Windows\minidump

P.S. If your account has not been verified and you cannot post the link, replace http with hxxp
    Friday, May 29, 2015 2:12 PM
  •  
    We do need the actual log files (called a DMP files) as they contain the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.  

Please follow our instructions for finding and uploading the files we need to help you fix your computer. They can be found here
    If you have any questions about the procedure please ask

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Friday, May 29, 2015 3:05 PM
  • Btfilter.sys appears to belong to a Bluetooth driver, primarily a Toshiba Bluetooth stack. Update or uninstall any Bluetooth software from Programs and Features.

Brandon
    Windows Outreach Team- IT Pro
    Windows for IT Pros on TechNet

• Marked as answer by Bruce Wooding Monday, June 15, 2015 3:00 PM
    Friday, June 5, 2015 7:37 PM
  • Hi Ireland,

How about the issue? Is there anything to update?

According to your description, btfilter.sys is a Bluetooth filter driver. I agree with Brand, we can try to reinstall this driver from the device manager and uninstall related software to have a check.

To analyze the issue deeply, please upload the .dmp files to the OneDrive and paste the link here.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 8, 2015 7:55 AM