Central admin application pool frequently getting stoped.?? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

when ever i try to acess the central administrator site.i am getting error like 503 service is not avaliable.

after i gob 14/bin folder form other server and place it into this server(problem server)

afger that i getting 403 forbedden error.how can we rectify this problem.

we are unable to acess any site in that server.

sekhar
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 6:25 PM

Answers

• 503 is an application pool issue normally. So you cna rectify by making sure the application pool for central administration is running and that the account has the correct permissions.

Second you should not copy the 14/bin folder to other servers, this needs to be set back or the permsisions for thatr folder reset to the out of the box ones.

Thursday, December 22, 2011 9:27 PM
  • Hi,

You should never copy 14/bin folder from any other server.

Update the farm account credentials to make it working.

c:\program files\common files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\14\bin>stsadm -o updatefarmcredentials -userlogin <userID> -password <password>

UserID - The ID you used to configure SharePoint

Password - Password for respective account

Note - Do not include angular brackets with User ID and password in the command

Friday, December 23, 2011 10:25 AM

All replies

• 503 is an application pool issue normally. So you cna rectify by making sure the application pool for central administration is running and that the account has the correct permissions.

Second you should not copy the 14/bin folder to other servers, this needs to be set back or the permsisions for thatr folder reset to the out of the box ones.

Thursday, December 22, 2011 9:27 PM
  • Hi,

You should never copy 14/bin folder from any other server.

Update the farm account credentials to make it working.

c:\program files\common files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\14\bin>stsadm -o updatefarmcredentials -userlogin <userID> -password <password>

UserID - The ID you used to configure SharePoint

Password - Password for respective account

Note - Do not include angular brackets with User ID and password in the command

Friday, December 23, 2011 10:25 AM