none
InfoPath Attachments RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

We are using SharePoint in Office 365. I have built many InfoPath forms and published them to SharePoint libraries.

I am using IE11 and when I try to save an attachment using the attachment control on an InfoPath Form I get a critical error and in the error details Object doesn't support property or method 'getElementsByClassName'

I have gone back to previous forms that I know have worked with attachments before and these fail now.

I do not see these errors in Firefox or Chrome

Any help you can give me would be appreciated

Gary

Friday, July 24, 2015 3:45 AM

Answers

• Hi Gary,

use the File>Properties menu from IE to determine which IE security zone your sharepoint site is mapped to. Please include that information with your question.

It is unclear from your question if the sharepoint Libraries are on your local machine or a sharepoint server.... Local libraries are mapped to the Internet Security Zone... Active content in those web documents in those libraries may not run, so getElementsByClassName errors may indicate this.

The most likely answer is that you have changed the default security zone settings for IE (specifically, allow scripting of ActiveX controls). Always accept the default IE security zone settings... avoid trying to tweak them 'to get things to work'

go

Tools>Internet Options>Security tab, click "Reset all zones to default"

Please include details of any scripting error messages you receive from web pages with your questions (there is a 'Copy' button on scripting error messages that you can use to copy and paste them into threads). This will include the file names and line numbers where the error is occurring.

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Saturday, July 25, 2015 3:50 AM