none
Error Installing KB2250444 - SQL Script Error: Column names in each table must be unique. RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello All,

    I am having issues with installing KB2250444. The installation fails. I have no jobs in progress, and I've tried rebooting many times. The only thing special about this environment is that DPM 2010 was originally installed as a trial. And I believe KB2550444 was applied to the trial installation. My client let the trial expire, and so all jobs stopped/broke. My client then uninstalled DPM. This put the server into a bad state because it was difficult to get the trial of DPM to reinstall in order to complete the supported upgrade procedure. I ended up backing up the database, removing SQL, cleaning up C:\Program Files and the registry, getting the DPM 2010 trial reinstalled, and restoring the SQL database.

    Next I followed the procedure to upgrade from the trial version of DPM 2010 to the licensed version of DPM. Besides KB2250444, all other Windows Updates are installed. Server is running Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1. SQL is installed locally.

    The pertinent log entry in DataProtectionManager-KB2550444 seems to be:

    Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager 2010 -- Error 26204. Error -2147217900: failed to execute SQL string, error detail: Column names in each table must be unique. Column name 'LastBackupTime' in table 'dbo.tbl_PRM_LogicalReplica' is specified more than once., SQL key: sqlscript_KB2250444Fix.sql SQL string: ALTER TABLE [dbo].[tbl_PRM_LogicalReplica]

    Anyone have any thoughts? How can I get the DPM database cleaned up?

    Thanks!
    Frank

    Tuesday, August 30, 2011 10:11 PM

Answers

  • Marc,

    Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately it did not solve my problem. What I ended up doing was opening SQL Server Management Studio, connecting to the DB instance, expanding Databases -> DPMDB -> Tables -> dbo.tbl_PRM_LogicalReplica -> Columns -> LastBackupTime. Then, I right-clicked on LastBackupTime and clicked Rename. I changed its name to LastBackupTime_OLD_Broken. Then I re-ran the hotfix install and it was successful!

    Thanks,
    Frank

    • Marked as answer by Frank Lesniak Friday, September 2, 2011 4:18 AM
    Friday, September 2, 2011 4:17 AM

All replies

  • Hi Frank,

    The installation process of the hotfix normally does a backup of the DPM database. You can try backing up the database manually (dpmbackup -db) and then installing the patch without a backup using the command line:

    start /wait DataProtectionManager2010-KB2250444.exe SKIPDBBACKUP=1 /l*v c:\dpmkb2250444_refresh.log

    Thanks,

    Marc

    Wednesday, August 31, 2011 12:56 PM
  • Marc,

    Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately it did not solve my problem. What I ended up doing was opening SQL Server Management Studio, connecting to the DB instance, expanding Databases -> DPMDB -> Tables -> dbo.tbl_PRM_LogicalReplica -> Columns -> LastBackupTime. Then, I right-clicked on LastBackupTime and clicked Rename. I changed its name to LastBackupTime_OLD_Broken. Then I re-ran the hotfix install and it was successful!

    Thanks,
    Frank

    • Marked as answer by Frank Lesniak Friday, September 2, 2011 4:18 AM
    Friday, September 2, 2011 4:17 AM
  • Frank,

    Glad to hear you got it resolved!

     

    Thanks,

    Marc

    Friday, September 2, 2011 12:04 PM