Unable to block/unblock contacts (or change any privacy relationship) RRS feed

• Question

• As the title says, I'm not able to change any privacy relationship with contacts. I'm urgently looking to unblock a contact that I blocked around 3 weeks ago, when this feature was still working!

I tried to download SFB on my personal computer and it redirected me to Microsoft Teams, maybe it has something to do with that? I'd appreciate your suggestions.

• Edited by Fromthesnow Thursday, April 30, 2020 10:39 AM
    Thursday, April 30, 2020 9:39 AM

All replies

• Hi Fromthesnow!

Does anyone else have the same issue?

Do you mean you cannot see “Change Privacy Relationship” option in your client or this option is gray and you cannot change it? Can you provide detailed screenshots about this issue?

I did a test in my client and it works with no issue.

If you cannot change the relationship in your client, we recommend you try to sign into another PC to see if this issue is related to Skype for Business client. If this issue only occurs on your PC, you can try a online repair to see if this issue can be fixed. For more details, you can refer to:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/repair-an-office-application-7821d4b6-7c1d-4205-aa0e-a6b40c5bb88b

If it is related to Skype for Business client, please try to clean the client cache again to see if can be fixed, you can refer to the following steps:

1. Right click the Windows icon and open the Run bar

2. Type in: %localappdata%\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync\ folder

3. Delete the sip profile folder. 

4. Go into the Tracing folder, delete all files, but not the folders.

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.
    Friday, May 1, 2020 2:47 AM
  • Hi Jimmy, thank you for your answer.

I actually can see the "Change Privacy Relationship" option. But when I try to change it to any other (block, Colleagues, etc) nothing happens. It was working perfectly in the past.

I will try in another PC and will come back to you with the update.

Regards

R

Friday, May 1, 2020 7:18 AM
  • Hi Fromthesnow!

Does this case have any update?

You can also try to run the following command “Get-CsClientPolicy” to check your parameter “ShowManagePrivacyRelationships” value. If the value is false, you need to run the command “Set-CsClientPolicy” to change this parameter’s value to see if this issue can be fixed.

If the value is already true, we recommend you change this value to false to test if this option is missing then change it to true and see if can be fixed.

If the above is no luck, please check your account’s client policy to see if there are some policies block you change privacy relationship.

Regarding to this two command usage and its parameter, you can refer to:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/skype/set-csclientpolicy?view=skype-ps

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/skype/get-csclientpolicy?view=skype-ps

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 6, 2020 10:09 AM
  • Hi Jimmy, I followed your advice and installed SFB in my personal computer. However, the problem remains the same. I am able to see the options, they are not grayed, but I'm not able to change the relationship. More specifically, I can't unblock a contact that was blocked some weeks ago. I cleaned the cache as well but still no solution.
    Thursday, May 7, 2020 7:14 AM
  • Hi Jimmy, thank you for your reply. I am not an IT professional, just an user. So could you explain a little more about how to run the Get-CsClientPolicy command? Thank you, I appreciate it!
    Thursday, May 7, 2020 7:30 AM
  • Hi Fromthesnow!

Sorry for reply you too late!

You can run this command in the Skype for Business Management Shell. It will need your Skype Administrator to run and check it.

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com
    Tuesday, May 12, 2020 9:28 AM
  • Hi,
    Is there any update on this case?
    Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.
    Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com

Sunday, May 17, 2020 4:30 PM