Start up problem RRS feed

• Question

• i have been facing problems on updating to win8.1 from win8. the problems are windows is taking too much time to start and it is not starting at the first of switching on my laptop and i have to switch it off once again turning it on then only windows starting and lock screen appears.

and the second problem is windows not returning from sleep and shows blue screen errors like video fatal error.

please suggest me to rectify these problems. thank you

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 2:45 PM

Answers

• different PC manufactured has different method to upgrade because involved build in software, I suggest check at PC manufactured site

If this is not OEM PC, try to update Windows and update driver and monitor after that

try to revert back to Windows 8 if not working maybe you missed step during Windows 8.1 upgrade

• Edited by britishdhez Wednesday, May 28, 2014 2:02 AM
    • Marked as answer by Karen Hu Monday, June 9, 2014 1:31 AM
    Wednesday, May 28, 2014 2:02 AM
  • Hi,

In addition, for the blue screen errors, we can help to take a look into the dump files , or you could do it by yourself.

If possible please upload the dump file into onedrive and then post the link here.

How to read the small memory dump file that is created by Windows if a crash occurs

Best regards

Michael Shao
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, May 29, 2014 2:30 AM

All replies

• different PC manufactured has different method to upgrade because involved build in software, I suggest check at PC manufactured site

If this is not OEM PC, try to update Windows and update driver and monitor after that

try to revert back to Windows 8 if not working maybe you missed step during Windows 8.1 upgrade

• Edited by britishdhez Wednesday, May 28, 2014 2:02 AM
    Wednesday, May 28, 2014 2:02 AM
  • Hi,

In addition, for the blue screen errors, we can help to take a look into the dump files , or you could do it by yourself.

If possible please upload the dump file into onedrive and then post the link here.

How to read the small memory dump file that is created by Windows if a crash occurs

Best regards

Michael Shao
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, May 29, 2014 2:30 AM