Adding a new forest to Exchange 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I currently have an exchange 2007 cluster server (EX01.love.corp) where I can make email addresses for accounts in my Love.corp domain AD. We are going to migrate all the users to the Hate.local domain, as such a domain that is not yet defined in the Exchange server EX01. 

When I try to define a different resource AD i can only see the DC in the love.corp domain. I want to add the Hate.local domain so I can use that AD as a second resource, eventually removing the AD resource from the love.corp domain.

Question: How do I add the DC01.hate.local in the server configuration of the EX01.love.corp (hub transport) Domain controllers and Global catalog servers used by exchange?

thanks,

Robert

Thursday, June 26, 2014 12:19 PM

All replies

• Hello,

According to your description, I understand you want to migrate AD users to a new forest(Hate.local).If so, I consider you can do it. But I'm afraid that you can't specify Ex01 will use DC01.hate.local in the server configuration.

Cara Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, June 27, 2014 6:47 AM
  • We have already used ADMT to migrate (COPY) the users to the hate.local domain, they have SID copies of the love.corp domain.

The problem is when I delete the love.corp domain I will not be able to make email accounts for the users because my exchange server does not see the hate.local domain therefore I cannot use it as a resource AD.

Is there no way to define the hate.local domain AD in the recipient scope (in exchange 2007)?

Thanks,

Robert

Friday, June 27, 2014 8:16 AM
  • I have heard I need to solve this using linked mailboxes. 
    Monday, June 30, 2014 9:24 AM