locked
Unable to export to spreadsheet RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi ALL

     

    Moss 2007 -

     

    When we are trying option export to spreadsheet from the below site, the following error displays

     

     " Cannot connect to the server at this time. Changes to your data cannot be saved" (message box it displays).

     

    Not working on VISTA SP1 systems only

     

    Thanks in advance

     

     

    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, December 3, 2010 6:05 AM Title corrected and "Moss 2007 -" prefix removed from it and included in text
    Friday, December 3, 2010 5:12 AM

All replies

  • Hi Prakash,

    This is known problem and there is no simple solution of this problem. Will request you to please read below discussion and try to find out the way.

    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/sharepointgeneral/thread/f2287284-b062-46e3-ae9c-bba1ad1b84d1

    http://www.sharepoint-tips.com/2006/01/sharepoint-in-stand-alone-server-gives.html

    Let me know if anything works


    Cheers, Hemendra-MCTS "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"
    Friday, December 3, 2010 9:21 AM
    Moderator
  • Hi

    Thanks for the reply

    I tried all the above work arounds mentioned but still same..

    Could you please assist for me its happening only on Dev environment, same is working in Production. (Vista SP2- IE8) and it is not in SSL. And also we cannot edit the list in datasheet view.

     

    Regards

    Prakash

     


    Prakash
    Monday, December 6, 2010 10:09 AM
  • Hi,

    I don't know much about this, why it is happening but i am sure this problem is related to your excel security or version.

    Try to update the excel security and check it again. You can find out the patch with some googling.


    Cheers, Hemendra-MCTS "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"
    Tuesday, December 7, 2010 4:56 AM
    Moderator
  • Hi

    We are using Office 2007 , done with all updates. why is not working only for dev environment while the same is woking for production is there anything need to be done on central admin????.

     

    Regards

    Prakash

     


    Prakash
    Tuesday, December 7, 2010 11:31 AM
  • Hi Prakash,

    I had the same issue some 1 year back and was able to resolve. but now i am not able to collect it from my memory.  Are you using IE8 in your dev machine? If yes then it may cause the problem.

    Try this:

    In IE8, go to Tools->Internet Options->Advanced Tab.

    Scroll down to the Security Settings area and UNcheck the following option:

    "Check for server certificate revocation"

    Then restart IE.

    I am still working with you for this issue and trying to collect the information from internet. I am not sure whether above description will work or not. Will keep in touch with you.


    Cheers, Hemendra-MCTS "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"
    • Marked as answer by David HM Thursday, December 9, 2010 6:05 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Prakash Reddy PHS Thursday, December 9, 2010 7:24 AM
    Wednesday, December 8, 2010 7:36 AM
    Moderator
  • Thanks for the reply

    Yes we are using IE8 - Vista SP1 , office 2007. I tried the above workaround still same problem.

    Where as the same dev site is working in windows server 2003. Same dev site not working in vista machine with the above configuration.

    Regards

    Prakash

     


    Prakash
    Wednesday, December 8, 2010 8:19 AM